Friday, August 29, 2008

Toddler Storytime on August 29, 2008.

Today, we talked about our feelings.
We read:
What Shall We Do with the Boo-Hoo Baby? by Cressida Cowell
Goldie Is Mad by Margie Palatini
I Love You Because You're You by Liza Baker
And we sang, as played, and we recited:

Hello Hands

Hello hands (Echo: Hello hands)

Hello hands (Echo: Hello hands)

Hello hands (Echo: Hello hands)

My hands are shy

Now they feel better.

Hello feet (Echo: Hello feet)

Hello feet (Echo: Hello feet)

Hello feet (Echo: Hello feet)

My feet are shy

Now they feel better.

If You’re Happy and You Know It

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet...etc.

If you're happy and you know it tap your head…etc.

If you're happy and you know it shout “Hooray!”…etc.

More We Get Together

(tune: “Did You Ever See a Lassie?”)

The more we get together, together, together

The more we get together, the happier will be.

For your friends are my friends,

And my friends are your friends,

The more we get together, the happier will be.

There's No One Like Me

(tune: “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”)

There's no one who's just like me,

No one who knows how to be.

Me when I am mad or sad.

Me when I am very glad.

There's no one who's just like me.

Me is who I'm proud to be!

Who Feels Happy Today?

Who feels happy today?

All who do, snap your fingers this way.

Who feels happy today?

All who do, clap your hands this way.

Who feels happy today?

All who do, wink your eyes this way.

Who feels happy today?

All who do, fold your hands this way.

Shake my Sillies Out

Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out

Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out

Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out

And wiggle my waggles away.

Gotta clap, clap, clap my crazies out...

Gotta jump, jump, jump my jiggles out...

Gotta yawn, yawn, yawn, my sleepies out...

Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out...

Some Little Faces

(tune: “Five Little Ducks”)

Some little faces I have seen

Some were sad and some were mean

But the one little face with the smile was the best

That was the happiest of all the rest.

(You can use this with face puppets on craft sticks)

Frogs

One, Two, Three, Four, Five

Five little frogs standing in a row

This little frog stubbed his toe

This little frog said, Oh, Oh, Oh!

This little frog laughed and was glad

This little frog cried and was sad

This little frog, so thoughtful and good,

Ran for the doctor as fast as he could

A Kiss

There's something in my pocket,

Could it be a moose?

Could it be a train with a bell and a caboose?

Could it be a snake or some sticky glue?

Right here in my pocket is a KISS from me to you!

(blow kiss)

April Clouds

Two little clouds one April Day (make two fists)

Went sailing across the sky (move fists side to side)

They went so fast, they bumped their heads (bump fists together)

And both began to cry. (rub eyes with hands)

Out came the big round sun who said (make huge circle over head with arms)

Never mind my little dears,

I'll send sunbeams down (wiggle fingers on both hands downward)

To dry your fallen tears.

I Have Something in my Pocket

I have something in my pocket,

It belongs across my face

I keep it very close at hand

In the most convenient place.

I bet you could guess it,

If you guessed a long, long, while

So I'll take it out and put it on,

It's a great big happy SMILE!



No comments: