Friday, July 11, 2008

Brewitt Toddler Storytime - July 11, 2008

We continued our bike theme today by reading:

Bertie and Small and the Fast Bike Ride by Vanessa Cabban

Tom and Pippo and the Bicycle (Us Pbk)

Tom and Pippo and the Bicycle by Helen Oxenbury

And we also read:

Little Duck's Bicycle Ride by Dorothy Stott

Bikes by Anne F. Rockwell

And we did the following songs, rhymes, and fingerplays:

Bonnie the Biker (tune: “Old McDonald”)

Bonnie the biker has a bike -wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz.

And on that bike she has 2 wheels - wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz.

With a wiz, wiz here and a wiz, wiz there.

Here a wiz, there a wiz, everywhere a wiz, wiz.

Bonnie the biker has a bike -wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz.

Bonnie the biker has a bike – bing, bing, bing, bing, bing.

And on that bike she had a bell - bing, bing, bing, bing, bing.

With a bing, bing here and a bing, bing there.

Here a bing, there a bing, everywhere a bing, bing,

Bonnie the bike has a bike - bing, bing, bing, bing, bing.

Around (tune: "Frére Jacques")

I see red bikes,
I see red bikes,
On the street,
On the street,
Riding, rolling, racing,
Riding, rolling, racing.
All day long,
All day long.

My Bicycle

One wheel, two wheels, on the ground. (Form circles with hands.)
My feet push the pedals round and round. (Roll one hand over the other.)
My hands upon the bar to steer, (Imitate holding handlebars.)
Watch out, I'm coming, everyone clear! (Imitate driving bicycle.)

Bicycle Built for Two

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet, upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two.

Wheels on the Bike (tune: “Wheels on the Bus”)
The wheels on the bike
Go round and round
round, and round,
round and round,
All around the town...

Other verses:
Bell goes bing, bing, bing
Handlebars go left and right, left and right, left and right

Ride, Ride, Ride Your Bike

(tune: “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”)

Ride, ride, ride your bike

Carefully down the street

Round and round and round it goes,

Pedal with your feet.

We Are Going on a Bike Ride

We are going on a bike ride.
Wheels on the bike go round and round.
Steer it straight and pedal steady,
But now look what we found.

Pothole (dip hands quickly downward)

Bumps (move hands quickly upward)

Branches (move hands to side, as if swerves from branch)

Hill (move hands upward and slow rolling motion of hands,

then move downward and speed up rolling motion)

My Bike

It has two wheels
And is bright green.
The neatest bike
I've ever seen.

My bike, my bike, I like my bike

It has three gears
And handlebars.
I ride it near.
I ride it far.

My bike, my bike, I like my bike

It has a bell
That goes bring, bring.
I'd not trade it
For anything.

My bike, my bike, I like my bike

from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss

We like our bike.

It is made for three.

Our Mike sits up in back, you see.

We like our Mike

and this is why:

Mike does all the work

when the hills get high.

Tricycle, Tricycle

Tricycle, tricycle
Two wheels in back and one in front.

Tricycle, tricycle

When I go down the street, I go bump, bump.

Tricycle, tricycle

Ride through a puddle, get all wet!

Tricycle, tricycle

And I always ride my helmet.


No comments: